Clarence Valley CouncilWho is COPs for?

COPs is for people with complex or high support needs requiring case management. Assistance is provided to frail older people, other people with a disability and their carers. As a result, quality of life, safety and independence is increased.

COPs Futures Planning Assistance

COPs provide assistance and funding for people who are over 60 (over 45 for ATSI) who have an adult child with a disability. The assistance can include:

  • Wills
  • Power of Attorney
  • Enduring Guardianship
  • Advanced Health Care Directives 
  • General information and referrals on the above topics

The FutureCare Project's objective is to promote COPs Future Planning assistance. On this website you will find a number of information resources on futures planning. 

What other types of assistance is available through COPs?

People requiring assistance are involved in deciding what type of support they need and when and how it is provided. If you are approved for assistance you will be allocated a Service Co-ordinator who will work closely with you to arrange your services. Examples of the support may include, but is not limited to:

  • personal care
  • meals
  • house keeping
  • socialisation
  • transport
  • home nursing
  • respite care
  • equipment (walking frames, personal alarms etc)

Other support which may assist you to remain at home can be considered. Requests can be for ongoing or once-off assistance.

How much will you pay?

A fee is set with you and/or your Service Co-ordinator. The fee takes into account the support being provided and your individual financial circumstances. No-one is denied service with the inability to pay.

To contact the council about futures planning go to their contact page here.